Today we are busting a few Orthopedic Myths.
A Few Myths about Ortho Medicine
- Orthopedic Medicine is Just for Athletes – While many athletes, young and old, are patients at an orthopedic practice; these are far from the only people who can benefit. Anyone can suffer bone and joint problems. Your general practitioner can tell you if you need to see this specialist.
- If You Can Move a Joint or Bone, You Are Okay – You can suffer a fracture or other bone injury and still be able to move the affected area with no problems. That’s why a visit to the orthopedic doctor is necessary after an injury.
- Using Your Computer Causes Carpel Tunnel and Playing Tennis Causes Tennis Elbow – While in some cases, computer use causes carpel tunnel syndrome and playing tennis causes tennis elbow, these are far from the only causes. If you have symptoms of these ailments, it is important to visit your orthopedic doctor right away.
A Few Facts about Ortho Medicine
- Adult Knee Surgery is the Most Popular Orthopedic Surgery – If you need surgery on your knee, you are not alone!
- Orthopedic Surgeons Can be Generalists or Specialists – Some orthopedic doctors specialize in one area (such as spine surgery or joint rebuilding) while others are focused more on general care. Sometimes a team of doctors is employed to get you the care you need.
- An Orthopedic Doctor Uses Several Tests to Get the Right Diagnosis – There is seldom any guessing necessary in an orthopedic practice. A doctor can use X-rays, CT Scans, MRIs, blood tests and other tests to find out exactly what is wrong. Once the doctor has a correct diagnosis, finding you the best care is even easier.
As you can see, there is a lot to think about when it comes to orthopedic medicine.
Perimeter Orthopaedics, PC offers an incomparable patient experience, providing patients with dedicated and compassionate care at every step of their journey, from consultation to treatment plans, and surgical or nonsurgical procedures through follow-up care. With team members who are fluent in Spanish, Portuguese, Korean and French, patients can expect care that’s not only high-quality, but personalized and friendly, too.
If you would like to learn more or talk to a specialist today, please call us at 404-255-5595.